This is another excellent broadband design and can be used anywhere there is a need to transform 100 ohms balanced to 50 ohms unbalanced. Its most common use is at the feedpoint of quads allowing the elimination of matching networks and at the feedpoint of certain dipoles.
- Custom mix toroids with low permability provides broad frequency coverage and are coated with epoxy paint for long term durability.
- Two separate ferrite toroids. The first is a 1:1 balun wound on a 2.4 inch toroid designed at 100 ohms. The balun is 14 gauge Thermaleze wire inserted in teflon tubes to achieve the characteristic impedance of 100 ohms. The second core is a trifilar wind of thermaleze wire creating a 2:1 Unun that provides the impedance transformation from 100 ohms to 50 ohms.
- SO-239 connectors are silver plated with teflon insulator and gold plated center conductor.
- N connectors and alternate mounting options are available in Accessories.
- All hardware is stainless steel.
- Conservative power rating of 2kW continuous and 4kW intermittent.
- The balun is sealed in weatherproof 4" X 4" X 2" Nema Box for outdoor or indoor installation.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog