Heavy duty 5kw, 4:1 balun for Multiband verticals, dipoles, log periodics etc. Utilizes stacked cores to provide an extremely high power rating across all HF frequencies and constructed using Dr. Jerry Sevick's (W2FMI) enhanced design.
If you are building a true windom (not an OCF dipole) or need to replace the 4:1 balun at the center of a windom, this balun is an excellent choice. This winding will pass the RF signal to the vertical radiating coax element. The model 4115ocf should be used if your are building an OCF design.
When used with a multiband antenna that requires ladder line at the feedpoint, this balun can be mounted remotely and provides an excellent transition from ladder line to coax for the final feedline run into your operating position.
- Utilizes a design enhanced by Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, the authority on baluns. This is his 4:1 balun which he created to handle very high power.
- By utilizing stacked toroids with low permeability, the low frequencies are provided the necessary reactance for best performance.
- Windings are Thermaleze wire inserted in teflon tubes providing a breakdown voltage of 10,000 volts.
- Typical insertion loss is less than 0.2 dB
- SO-239 connectors are silver plated with teflon insulation.
- Power handling of 5kw continuous 10kw intermittent upto 31mhz. Use at 54MHz with reduced efficiency (1-2%)
- All Hardware is stainless steel. Studs are 1/4"
- N connector and Alternate mounting options are available in Accessories.
- Very high efficiency. Will not heat up or saturate like many of the typical cheaper baluns.
- Balun is built installed in weatherproof 4" X 4" X 2" NEMA Box which makes an excellent outdoor enclosure and allows the balun to be easily mounted remotely.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog