Same excellent specs as the QRP 4:1 Current balun but with Binding Posts installed instead of studs. This configuration allows quick antenna setup and connections using either Banana Plugs or by binding bare wire in the versatile binding post. Power handling of 300 watts CCW at resonance.
Great for off center fed dipoles, ladder line fed multi band dipoles etc. Extremely compact and light weight with alternative coax connectors just for the QRPer.
If you would like the binding posts spaced for use with a dual banana plug adapter, please select 3/4 inch spacing for binding posts on top when you add to the shopping cart. 1 inch spacing allows the rotating portion of the binding post to be turned easier.
Be sure to look at the unique mounts available for the QRP line of baluns
- Special mix toroid with low permeability allows broadband coverage. Toroid also has expoy coating for for long term durability.
- Separate bifilar windings of silver flashed 18 gauge Teflon insulated wire. 5000v breakdown voltage.
- All hardware is Stainless Steel.
- SO-239 is silver with teflon insulator
- BNC connectors in place of the SO-239 are available in the Accessories section.
- Because of the high efficiency, this balun will not heat up or saturate like cheap current baluns using ferrite rods, smaller cores or beads.
- Balun is installed in a very compact 3X2X1.5 inch polycarbonate box with a bottom plate that fits flush with the case. Plate is an exceptional fit that can be easily weatherproofed if desired.
Please note that although the Binding Posts are colored red and black, there is no polarity to this balun's output.
By design, QRP baluns are constructed to be lightweight, portable and are not intended for longterm or permanent outdoor use. If used in a long term outdoor installation, additional attention must be given to waterproofing and strain relief. Damage caused by such use will not be covered under our lifetime warranty.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog