Heavy duty 5kw, 4:1 unun designed for use with wire verticals, long wires and monopole verticals. Utilizes stacked cores to deliver efficient broadband performance and high power rating across all HF frequencies. Works well with both internal transceiver and external antenna tuners.
This unun is an excellent match for any of the 43 and 31-33 foot multiband verticals including the S9, ZeroFive, MFJ and DX Engineering vertical antennas allowing the use of full legal limit ++ power.
NOTE: For ground mounted vertical installations, the "s" model (4134s) is strongly recommended.
Although many customers report very good performance using just a single ground rod, the best performance will come from using at least 4 ground or elevated radials. In a temporary or emergency situation, a single counterpoise can be used when cut to 1/4 wavelength of the lowest operating frequency.Because of the smaller diameter of a wire vertical, performance will be slightly less than that of larger diameter aluminum or copper tube/pipe.
200 to 50 ohms
- By utilizing custom mix toroids with low permeability in a stacked configuration, the low frequencies are provided the necessary inductive reactance.
- Windings are Superior Essex Heavy build polyamideimide "Allex 240 Winding Wire wire inserted in teflon tubes providing a breakdown voltage of 10,000 volts.
- Typical insertion loss is less than 0.2 dB
- Power handling of 5kw from 1.5 to 54MHz. SO-239 connectors are silver plated with teflon insulation.
- All Hardware is stainless steel. Studs are 1/4"
- N connectors and additional mounting options are available in the Accessories section. Very high efficiency (98-99%).
- Unun is installed in weatherproof 4" X 4" X 2" NEMA Box which makes an excellent outdoor weatherproof enclosure.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog