This is a unique 1:1 transmission line transformer intended to provide highest possible isolation between input and output. Consequently there is no direct electrical connection between the input and output with all RF energy being conducted through the massive iron powder core. This makes the FCP antenna very quiet while also providing the required inductance for best possible performance.
Specifications meet the K2AV FCP Isolation Transformer requirements for use with his Folded Counterpoise for 160 or 80 meters.
- Toroid with custom permeability that produces excellent low frequency bandwidth. This is a large 3" DOUBLE HEIGHT iron powder toroid that provides exceptional low band performance. Toroid is also coated with epoxy paint for added durability.
- Bifilar (2) winding of Superior Essex Heavy build polyamideimide Allex 240 Winding Wire inside Teflon tubes. Minimum of 10,000v breakdown voltage
- SO-239 connector is silver plated with teflon insulation.
- All hardware is Stainless Steel.
- N connector and Alternate mounting options are available in Accessories.
- Iron powder core is very tolerant of higher temperatures.
- Balun is installed in 4" X 4" X 2" NEMA Box which makes an excellent outdoor weatherproof enclosure and can be easily mounted remotely.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog