Designed for use with single wire antennas, this new addition is small, compact and perfect for quick portable/emergency installations. This 9:1 Unun (450-50 ohms) will easily handle 300 watts and covers 1.5 - 54 MHz. Using this unun will allow transceivers with internal antenna tuners to work most if not all HF bands. For optimum results, please use the link below to select best wire length and lowest SWR. A good ground or counterpoise may also be required.
Installation Notes and Wire Length/SWR Table
This unun should be used with the wire lengths listed in the table shown in the above link. Use of the 9130 for "random" wire lengths, other than shown, can potentially create an impedance that is too low for an ATU to match. If a wire length not shown in the table is installed, an antenna analyzer should used to determine the actual feedpoint impedance that will require matching for each band of operation.
Here is a very interesting QST article on a Traveling Wave Antenna that also utilizes a 9:1 Unun
- Special mix toroid with low permeability allows broadband coverage. Toroid is also epoxy coated for extra durability.
- Tifilar windings of 16 gauge Thermaleze covered wire. This is NOT normal enamel covered wire. Polyimide covering provides 2kv insulation for each conductor.
- All hardware is Stainless Steel.
- The design has excellent low frequency response which makes them very efficient (98-99%). Because of the short length windings, response is excellent well past 10 meters.
- BNC and N connectors are available in the Accessories section.
- Unun is installed in a very compact 3X2X1.5 inch polycarbonate box with a bottom plate that fits flush with the case. The plate is an exceptional fit that can be easily weatherproofed if desired.
Be sure to look at the unique mounts available for the our line of low power baluns
By design, this unun is constructed to be lightweight and portable. If used in a permanent outdoor installation, additional attention must be given to strain relief and weatherproofing the enclosure seal.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog