This design is excellent for matching both long and short length wire antennas for multiband use. Allows the internal tuner of most rigs to tune remotely mounted single wire antennas. Be sure to review the various lengths in the link below to obtain the lowest SWR across most if not all HF bands. This unit utilizes stacked cores for increased power handling and added inductance for the lower frequencies.
Installation Notes and Wire Length/SWR Table
This unun should be used with the wire lengths listed in the table shown in the above link. Use of the 9135 for "random" wire lengths, other than shown, can potentially create an impedance that is too low for an ATU to match. If a wire length not shown in the table is installed, an antenna analyzer should used to determine the actual feedpoint impedance that will require matching for each band of operation.
"This is to confirm that I received the above mentioned order on 10/21/11. I would like to thank you for the prompt service and excellent condition in which the item was received. I have since erected a wire antenna at 40', using the installation-chart. I used the 53 ft lgth to start with and found the SWR-specs according to the chart to be almost dead-on. I worked the T32C expedition this past week-end on 9-bands with the single wire antenna and was very pleased with the ability of the #-9135 Unun, didn't need to use more than 100wts but if needed I knew the Unun could handle the added 'HorsePower". Thanks again for a great product, and I might soon be in the market for another one of your stout products, but will enjoy using the one I now have. 73..Alex"
450 to 50 ohms
- Custom mix ferrite toroids with low permeability in a stacked configuration. Provides lowest loss and high performance.
- Windings are Superior Essex Heavy build polyamideimide "Allex 240 Winding Wire inserted in Teflon tubing. Total breakdown voltage of 10kv interwinding.
- Typical insertion loss is less than 0.2 dB
- Power handling of 5kw from 1.5 to 54MHz. SO-239 connectors are silver plated with teflon insulation.
- All Hardware is stainless steel. Studs are 1/4"
- N connectors and additional mounting options are available in the Accessories section. Very high efficiency (98-99%).
- Unun is installed in weatherproof 4" X 4" X 2" NEMA box which makes an excellent outdoor weatherproof enclosure.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog