Designed for use with wire antennas, this new addition is small, compact and perfect for quick portable/emergency installations. This 4:1 Unun (200-50 ohms) will easily handle 300 watts and covers 1.5 - 54 MHz. Using this unun will allow transceivers with internal antenna tuners to work most HF bands. A 28-31 foot wire will allow 40 thru 10 meter coverage and a 43-50 foot wire will provide access to 80 thru 10 meters. A good ground or counterpoise is also required.
- Special mix toroid with low permeability allows broadband coverage. Toroid also has expoy coating for long term durability.
- Bifilar windings of 18 gauge Teflon covered wire. 6kv breakdown voltage.
- All hardware is Stainless Steel.
- The design has excellent low frequency response which makes them very efficient (98-99%). Because of the short length windings, response is excellent well past 10 meters.
- BNC and N connectors are available in the Accessories section.
- Unun is installed in a very compact 3X2X1.5 inch polycarbonate box with a bottom plate that fits flush with the case. The plate is an exceptional fit that can be easily weatherproofed if desired.
Be sure to look at the unique mounts available for the QRP line of baluns
By design, this unun is constructed to be lightweight and portable. If used in a permanent outdoor installation, additional attention must be given to strain relief and weatherproofing the enclosure seal.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog